Dinner rolls add a layer of comfort to meals, but I hadn’t found a formidable keto-friendly option until now. These rolls require yeast to rise and will need time to proof, but the recipe is simple—even for beginners.
Macros (6 servings): Cals: 193 | Total Carbs: 11g (6g net carbs per roll) | Fiber: 5g | Protein: 24g
2 cups (240g) King Arthur Keto Wheat Flour
2 tablespoons (22g) King Arthur Baking Sugar Alternative*
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons instant yeast
3/4 cup (170g) water, lukewarm
2 tablespoons (28g) butter, at room temperature
1 large egg
*See “tips” below
2 tablespoons (28g) butter, melted
– To make the dough: In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix and knead — by hand or using a stand mixer — until the dough comes together in a smooth, elastic ball. This should take 5 to 7 minutes on low speed of a mixer and slightly longer by hand.
– Cover the dough and let it rise for 1 to 2 hours, or until it’s puffy and close to double in size.
– Gently deflate the dough and divide it into six pieces; if you have a scale each piece should weigh between 80g and 85g. Shape the pieces into round balls and place them on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet or into a lightly greased 8” or 9” round pan (for pull-apart rolls). Cover the rolls and let them rise for about an hour, until noticeably puffy.
– Toward the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 350°F.
– To top the rolls: Brush the rolls with about 1 tablespoon of the melted butter.
– Bake the rolls for 20 to 24 minutes, until golden. Remove them from the oven, and brush with the remaining melted butter. Cool them on a rack.
– Store leftover rolls, well wrapped, at room temperature for several days; freeze for longer storage.
Tips from KA Bakers
This recipe was developed using King Arthur Baking Sugar Alternative. Using another sugar replacement or alternative, one with a different formulation, will yield different results. For best success, use the specific product called for: King Arthur Baking Sugar Alternative.
Products Used – The links shared below are affiliate links. If you purchase an item using the links it helps support the channel, but won’t cost you anything!
– King Arthur Keto Wheat Flour: https://amzn.to/3jfEzcr
– King Arthur Sugar Alternative: https://amzn.to/3reAU1p
– Pyure Erythritol Sweetener Blend: https://amzn.to/2YBieMT
– SAF Instant Active Yeast: https://amzn.to/3rjFtr4
– Emeril Lagasse AirFryer XL: https://amzn.to/2YBieMT
View original video by clicking here.