This Norwegian Fish Soup recipe (fiskesuppe) is a low carb and gluten free adaptation of the classic, a fresh, one pot salmon chowder soup recipe prepared in less than 30 minutes. This tasty fish soup recipe is ideal for those chilly, busy days and is a standout among fish soup recipes!
SUBSCRIBE to our channel for more shortcut recipes made easy and delish and FOLLOW US on:
For another seafood dinner recipe you might enjoy, check out:
Moqueca (Brazilian Seafood Stew): https://youtu.be/HSGmbIshy-c
Grilled Salmon with Caribbean Salsa: https://youtu.be/VG33fr5qVoY
Cajun Blackened Shrimp: https://youtu.be/PBBj_fAXUNs
Honey Garlic Shrimp Recipe: https://youtu.be/2feGMzxcC2A
One Pot Shrimp in Coconut Sauce: https://youtu.be/XEu8qdiFXNo
5-Ingredient Shrimp a la Diabla Recipe: https://youtu.be/6LJRI3KsPmE
One Pan Seafood in Pesto Sauce: https://youtu.be/fOEyzIBDbsQ
Quick Baked Cod in Cheese Sauce: https://youtu.be/UV5EFVWX5hUG
Ingredients for the fish stew:
2 TBSP olive oil
1 white or yellow onion small diced
1 cup leek stalk (1 green leaf chopped and 1 cup white stalk sliced)
4 garlic cloves minced
4 cups fish broth or stock
1 lb cauliflower frozen or fresh
salt and pepper to taste (about 1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper)
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 cup heavy cream
1 lb salmon skinless and cut into chunks
1 carrot peeled and cut into small chunks (skip if on a KETO diet)
1 lemon juiced
1-2 TBSP fresh dill or chives chopped
How to Make Fish Chowder:
1. Press the sauté button and heat the Instant Pot for about 3 minutes. Add oil and cook onion and leek for about 3-4 minutes. Then, add garlic and cook for about 1 minute, stirring every now and then. Do not let brown! Transfer about half of the veggies to the blender and set aside.
2. Add the broth and cauliflower to the pot, lock the lid, turn the valve to sealing, and let it cook over high pressure for about 4 minutes. Do a quick release!
3. Transfer all the cauliflower and 1 cup of the broth to the blender. Add salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and heavy cream. Blend with half of the reserved cooked veggies until smooth. Pour back into the pot.
4. Add the fish and carrots. Press the sauté button and let cook for about 5-6 minutes. Cancel the sauté function and stir in lemon juice. Garnish the salmon chowder soup with dill.
1.Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add oil and cook onion and leek for about 3-4 minutes. Then add garlic and cook for about 1 minute, stirring every now and then. Do not let brown! Transfer about half of the veggies to a blender cup; reserve.
2. Add broth and cauliflower to the pot and let cook over high heat for about 8-10 minutes or until tender. Transfer all the cauliflower and about 1 cup of the broth to the blender with salt, pepper, cayenne, and heavy cream. Blend with half of the reserved cooked veggies until smooth. Pour back into the pot.
3. Add the fish and carrots. Let cook over medium-high heat for about 5-6 minutes. Remove pot from the heat and stir in lemon juice. Garnish top of soup with fresh dill or chives. Serve the salmon soup recipe by itself or with a hard-crusted bread.
Breeze by MBB https://soundcloud.com/mbbofficial
Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0
Free Download / Stream: http://bit.ly/2PFncFB
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/YqRO_qgBB1c
View original video by clicking here.