As an Indian, especially a vegetarian Indian on the keto diet, simple and hearty Daal (Dal) is one of my most missed foods until now! This amazing Keto Daal recipe made with ground Lupin beans is the closest thing to actual Indian Dal in taste and texture.
For Ground Lupin: https://amzn.to/3du6UYe
Approx Macros per serving (recipe makes 3 servings):
Calories – 298
Fat – 18 g
Net Carbs – 5 g
Protein – 18 g
Ground Lupin – 1 cup
Water – 2 cups
Salt – 1 tsp
Ghee – 3 Tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida Powder (Hing) – 1/8 tsp
Curry Leaves – 5
Green Chilies – 2 or to taste, slit
Garlic – 5 cloves, roughly crushed
Ginger – 2 tsp, minced
Tomato – 1 medium, diced
Water – 2 cups
Salt – to taste
Cilantro – few sprigs, chopped for garnishing
Lime Juice – 1 tsp or to taste
1. In a microwave safe bowl, combine Lupin, 2 cups Water and 1 tsp Salt.
2. Microwave for 3 minutes, stir and 1 minute.
3. Grind half of the cooked lupin into a smooth paste.
4. Heat Ghee in a medium pan on medium heat.
5. Add Cumin Seeds and let them sizzle.
6. Add Turmeric Powder, Asafoetida, Curry Leaves, Green Chilies, Garlic and Ginger. Let the Garlic brown slightly.
7. Add Tomato and cook for 1-2 minutes until tomato softens.
8. Add the cooked Lupin (both the ground paste and whole) and mix well.
9. Add 2 cups Water and adjust the Salt.
10. Bring the Daal to a boil.
11. Garnish with Cilantro and Lime Juice.
How to make keto daal, can you eat dal daal on keto diet, lupin recipes, low carb daal, keto dhal recipe, keto Indian recipes, lchf, keto lifestyle, vegetarian, vegan.
View original video by clicking here.